Thursday, June 5, 2014

catfish

Okay, so I know I talked about this TV show two (?) posts ago, but this show is seriously gold. I don't understand why I stopped watching TV, to be honest.

Haha, as much as I love this show aside, the entire idea of this show has been my worst nightmare since I first got a computer. I think because my parents and all of my close family are pretty old fashioned, I've always been afraid of meeting people online and having them not be who they are. Like, who would lie like that? Serial killers, definitely.

I've always hated when people lie to me; even white lies. I feel like, if I look gross, tell me. I'm not on my deathbed, I'm not a child--in fact, I need to know what looks good and what looks gross. Right?

A part of me thinks that Catfish is glorifying online dating, meeting strangers online, lying in general because the show is actually very sweet. At the same time, though, I recognize that this does really happen in real life, it's not always bad and that this is, after all, a TV series. It's meant to be an escape from life, and addicted to it I am. I guess it's done it's job, and we shouldn't take everything too seriously.

...Unless it comes to measuring and sifting flour in baking. More about that--and my first macaron adventure--later.

No comments:

Post a Comment