Sunday, June 1, 2014

absolutely bananas

So after much research, I did manage to find a few banana dessert recipes that were minimum hassle and guaranteed to be eaten--if not by my guests, then by myself! I'm not complainin'.

Banana Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

Banana bread whoopie pies.

Banana Sponge Cake.

Chocolate Banana Bread.

Polka Dot Banana Bread.

Banana Bread Breakfast Doughnuts.

Banana Split Cookies.

Banana Oatmeal Cookies.

In the midst of my late night searching, I started thinking about shortbread. I don't know why, really, I was talking about making sugar cookies and then remembered how I used to get sugar cookies and shortbread mixed up. So I started thinking about shortbread, and bananas, and shortbread, and bananas--and BANANA SHORTBREAD. Brilliance.

So the thing about bananas is that it can replace butter and sugar in baking recipes as it creates a moist tenderness and can act as a sweetener. (source) And I've been googling "banana shortbread recipe" but to no avail as all recipes involve other fruits or oats; and I have nothing against oats--I love oatmeal and oatmeal cookies--but when I want a cookie that melts in my mouth, I don't want to have to chew through it....know what I mean?

There's this really simple shortbread recipe that I think I'll be experimenting with today.

...We'll see how things go...

No comments:

Post a Comment