Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tasty Tuesdays - rubiks cube brownie

Hey there, world! It's Tasty Tuesday!

I can't remember whether or not I have already mentioned this, but I had my birthday party a little while ago in July. It was "nerdy" themed and all we did was eat and watch movies for about... ten hours? Something around that. We watched three musicals--Repoman, Little Shop of Horrors, and the Rocky Horror Picture Show--and nibbled on Lego piƱata cookies, blueberry trifle, finger sandwiches, melting "ice creams", and Rubiks cube brownies.



I got the idea for lots of them from Pinterest and Youtube! There are tutorials all over the place.

The easiest to make out of all of these were the Rubiks cube brownies. All you need to do is bake brownies, cut them into cubes, and use frosting to attach the cubes of brownie. Attach three together first, and then attach two more rows of three brownie cubes. Then just decorate the outside to fit the "colour" of a Rubiks cube.

I used sprinkles because I didn't want to make frosting and didn't have enough coloured chocolate. For the full tutorial that I used to make these, go to Rosanna Pansino's Nerdy Nummies. (PS: Her end product looks ten million times better than mine. I need to find a recipe that doesn't make crumbly brownies...)

No comments:

Post a Comment