Friday, August 15, 2014

Favourite Fridays - Collins Key

If you keep up with America's Got Talent, you might have heard of him. I do not keep up with America's Got Talent, so I hadn't heard of him. Basically, though, he is a combination of a few of my favourite things: magic, Youtube, and pretty eyes.

Collins Key was a teenaged contestant on the show whose talent was magic. He was dubbed, I think, the "popstar magician". Something to that effect since he's met a couple of celebrities and many a Youtuber through his performances.

Why do I like him? I love magic. Like, so so much. I love the wonder, the unexplainable, the Disney. As an added bonus, he's around my age! To be completely honest, there are not many North American celebrities that are around my age (i.e.: people around the same age group as me in which I can relate to) that I like. Either I don't like their personality, or I don't like what they do (because there are some people who I really don't think can act/sing very well--personal opinion!).

From his Youtube videos, he just seems like a really likeable guy. I mean, I'm not saying he's an amazing poet or literary expert, but he can connect to his audience really well--like any self-respecting magician should!

Why does it matter that he's a Youtuber? It doesn't. I just love Youtube, especially the people on it. I yearn so much to be a cool blogger or a funny Youtuber--but I'm just not that good with words, written or otherwise. I have my days, but there are very few days. Few and short. So the fact that he's on Youtube, and has met and might be friends with Youtubers I have subscribed to and love just amplifies the amount of appreciation I have for him.

(Seriously though, I think he's super hilarious. And magical because magic, wow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment