Sunday, August 10, 2014

wrinkles and technicalities

Hey there!

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I've changed up the schedule.... No particular reason, though.

During my hiatus, I've been crazy busy with side projects, baking, work, and super exciting things like opening a stall at the farmers' market in my town for the very first time! However, I'm back now--just before 2nd year starts, which should be very interesting--and I hope to keep up this blog as a kind of journal for myself.

So, firstly, it's Sunday! Let's get crafty!

Since it's my first post for the new schedule--and since I haven't had much time to really test out any projects firsthand, I'm going to post a couple of super easy, last minute gift idea projects.

Origami/Duct Tape earrings - Basically making very small things with duct tape or paper and attaching the earring fastenings. For origami earrings, you can fold small cranes, mini paper stars, or even fold mini 3D origami triangles and make little fish or dragonflies! Just be sure to glaze/gloss the paper afterwards, just to reinforce it and protect it from water!

Duct tape notebooks - I really like the notebooks at this particular link (there's no tutorial), but there's tons of tutorials on the internet!

Easy luminary ideas! - any shape, any colour light, any material! Totally up to you!

Make some paper cut outs for whatever it is you need a gift for! Frame it, glue it onto a card or  a box, make a shadow puppet... the ideas are endless!

Place your gifts in boxes that can turn into a desk organizer! :)

Happy making!

No comments:

Post a Comment